A Chat With God


Dear Father,



I hope this prayer comes to you while I'm doing your will.   I know at times you must really wonder about me.  I have stood on the beliefs, that if I have a good heart, you will see my intent.  But as I get older I find myself beginning to question my spirituality, and reason for being. 

I try to stay positive and focused, but the perils  of life are no joke.  Since childhood I've listened to people say that you won't place more on us than we can bear.  With all do respect, I can't take it much more.  I want to live for you and be Christ like.  I want an eternal resting place.  It's just, I feel I need a better gps for these obstacles down here. 

I know your busy and don't have time to hear me complain, I just need a little guidance.  I don't want to keep making the same mistakes.  Falling into the same traps that keep me burdened.   It's like everyone down here is so busy with life, that no one is living.  No one is caring anymore or helping each other.  We've become a society of self indulgers.  People are starving, children are dying, and the ones who can make a difference don't. 

So the question arises, where do I come in?  What am I supposed to be doing?

I know you have a plan for us all, but can you give me a hint.  I don't want to sound ungrateful, but you said ask and you shall receive.  I'm asking for the blessing of direction.  Show me my path and I'll do my level best to follow. 

Well, I've taken enough of your time, so I'll end this letter with all the love and respect and honor you deserve.  Thank you for loving me unconditionally, even at my worst. 

These Blessings I Ask In Your Precious Sons' Jesus Name
Amen
From Your Loving Son

Comments